Big Josh's Dimensional Gel Toilet Seat Pad (Big John Non-Split Front)
With a stretch fabric cover- rubberized bottom to contact with the seat- pockets to attach securely to the front and back of the seat near the hinges... these Big Josh's pad & covers will fit a wide range of individual toilet seats that are approximately the size and shapes indicated. It works so well because it is THIN; it’s only 3/4 inch thick and ½ inch is GEL. Thicker GEL is undesirable because it does not increase comfort - may require OT retraining - increases cost - and is a little more work to maintain. Toilet seats manufactured and sold as “soft toilet seats” have a solid cover over foam with a hole in the bottom of the cover to allow air to escape from the foam. This is why they make noise. They tend to split when a heavier person sits on them repeatedly. The solid cover creates a build up of sweat and heat. The foam flattens and is not particularly effective as a means of softening the toilet seat. What’s important about this Big Josh's pad and cover?
1) It is removable for washing and extra covers can be purchased.
2) It can be washed and dried with its cover on it.
3) It can be washed with a standard mild bleach solution (1 to 10 H2O). Rinse well.
4) 5 sizes to fit most toilets including bariatric
5) There’s no Velcro to wear out or become both dirty and difficult to clean.
6) The hidden zipper makes it easy to remove cover from pad.
7) Pockets front and back make it easy to attach and remove from seat.
8) Rubber bottom makes entire pad stay put on the seat.
9) Stretch nylon & dimensional GEL shape allows airflow to carry away heat & moisture.
10) The smooth stretch nylon vacillates comfortable transfers.
11) The airflow facilitates healing compromised skin.